SNAPSHOT OF AUSTRALIA’S WORLD CUP GAME AGAINST DENMARK
* Outcome: Australia 2 beat Denmark 0 in entrance of 75,784 at Stadium Australia, Sydney
* Key second: Caught in their very own half and below siege from the Danes, Mary Fowler’s defence splitting go discovered Caitlin Foord to get the Matildas up the opposite finish the place she scored their opening purpose within the twenty ninth minute.
* Participant of the match: Mary Fowler – the Queenslander was Australia’s artistic linchpin dropping into pockets the place the Danish defence could not choose her up. She arrange Foord for the opener and performed a key function within the build-up play for the Matildas’ second, which got here courtesy of Hayley Raso.
* Stat that issues: quarter-hour – the period of time Sam Kerr acquired on the pitch because the Matildas captain returned from a calf damage. Kerr had been dominated out of her aspect’s opening three video games of the match however acquired by 1 / 4 of an hours work which ought to auger effectively for the deeper phases of the match.
* Quote: “She’s been urgent, she’s been probing and that play from the Matildas was direct, scientific, sensible.” Grace Gill lauds Caitlin Foord’s work-rate that earned her Australia’s essential opening purpose.
* What’s subsequent: Denmark head residence whereas the Matildas go by to the quarter finals. They may meet the winner of Tuesday’s tie between France or Morocco on Saturday in Brisbane.